Home Design, Children, Photography, Swimming, Novels, Family, Crafts, Garage Sales, Movies, Outdoor Activities

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fount of Free Fonts...


So, I was out surfing our good friend, World-Wide-Web, and came across this site talking about using your creative juices to personalize your wedding, and a lot of that personalization came from creating your own monogram. Seeing as how I am ALL about doing things myself, I thought I would give it a try. So, I popped open my Microsoft Word and started typing away - testing every available font for the perfect fit. Lo and behold, (lo and behold? who says that anymore?! Apparently, I do...) I couldn't find that wonderfully swirly over-the-top calligraphic font that I was looking for. Oh kittens!

Of course, I had to persist...persevere...and prevail! There is no 'Completely Give Up and Fail' in 'Try'! (hmm...I might've misquoted that one) And what to my wondering eye should appear? A wonderful little site called dafont.com. This site offers dozens of 'free for personal use' fonts that don't come with the usual set. So go ahead and download to your little heart's delight! If you try it out and seem to be having issues with it coming up as an option in Word documents, just write me and I'll try to give you some pointers! Oh...and here are those monograms I came up with - with my faux groom, John :o)

Don't you just love creating monograms for you and your non-existent fiance? I know I do!!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home