Home Design, Children, Photography, Swimming, Novels, Family, Crafts, Garage Sales, Movies, Outdoor Activities

Thursday, November 20, 2008

(Branch)ing Out

Weddings. They are epidemic. As soon as one of your friends gets married there are sure to be four or five following right behind her with their own sparkly fingers clutching the latest Modern Bride magazine. And suddenly you find yourself spending every other weekend trying on bridesmaid gowns and traveling to far off places. It's true...weddings come in waves! And I've found that although each wedding is unique - the decor is not so much. Generally, it seems that weddings resemble hot house explosions with flowers blooming out of every imaginable crevice! Some of them are more extravagant than others...but it's just not me. And if...ahem, I mean WHEN...I get married, I just don't think flowers are going to be the 'it' factor for my little soiree.


Ever since I saw this page on Martha Stewart about forest weddings, I was intrigued by the use of branches for the decor. When I found Nettleton Hollow, I couldn't help but love the innovative use of natural elements like branches, moss, dried artichokes, and split oranges. It was almost Grimm-like in a whimsy-fairytale-ish sort of way. Love love love it!! Make sure you check out the website there as well (it's on their blog).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home