Home Design, Children, Photography, Swimming, Novels, Family, Crafts, Garage Sales, Movies, Outdoor Activities

Monday, November 17, 2008

Latest Greatest Favorite!

I was perusing pictures of some of the fabulous Spring '09 lines from all your favorite fashion houses when I came across this from Dsquared:

And promptly fell into lust.

Or whatever it is you fall into when you see an outfit that you love but can't have because the price tag has enough zeros to look like a spilt box of Cheerios!! However, being the cheap...I mean, thrifty...girl that I am, I promptly began doing my research for something comparable. (Drumroll, please!)

And now we have LORI'S FINDS OF THE WEEK!!!

The easiest part of this outfit was actually the pants. Right off I found these beauties at Express for right under 60 bucks. They were tailored enough to fit the silhouette of the original while having a little bit of that satin-flow-y quality that makes these pants uber-chic!
Check them out!


Now, to go with those pants, we gotta have a shirt! Unfortunately, the Lords of fashion didn't smile as broadly at me on this one and I had quite a time trying to find exactly what I was looking for.

And, actually, never found it.

But what I did find were some pretty darn good alternatives that work for this outfit. Off the bat, if you have a nice white button-down shirt - it will totally rock with this outfit! And there is nothing cheaper than free...so if you already own one, you're set! Looking for something a little different? Check these out:


From Left to Right: Lauren by Ralph Lauren "Tiarnet" Shawl-Collar Top: $59.50 ; Charlotte Russe Pointelle Sweater: $22.99 ; Banana Republic Monogram bow-tie pleated blouse: $125.00

The last major piece on this outfit was the contrast-trim jean jacket. Don't you love the gold? I gotta say...I love all things gold...gold fabric...gold trimming...gold jewelry...just chunks of gold. And this jacket hit the spot - double-breasted, 3/4 length sleeves, and great lines...(sigh). Love it. Anyway...here are a few of the next best thing I could find out there. And the runners up are:



From Left to Right: Converse® One Star® Denim Blazer - Raw Rinse from Target: $24.49 ; Ann Taylor Loft Petite Wool Double Breasted Gold Button Jacket: $149.00 ; Caslon® Double Breasted Jacket from Nordstrom: $68.00

After that, it was just a matter of accessorizing with some shades and MORE GOLD...yesssss!! Then throw on some strappy sandals and grab your clutch to look tres lovely! Check it out:




Think you could do better? A better deal? Something that looks more like the original? I would love to see it!
1 Comments:

what would you charge someone who wanted you to be their personal stylist? let's just say this person might be related to you? let me know - there might be someone who is very interested if the price is right :)

November 19, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home