Home Design, Children, Photography, Swimming, Novels, Family, Crafts, Garage Sales, Movies, Outdoor Activities

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Perfumania!

So, I've had this little tickle at the back of my mind about perfume...and how I don't really wear it. I've never found that 'perfect scent' that just makes me feel well dressed - you know what I mean? I usually just splash on some generic vanilla bodywash that claims it's from Tahiti and hope it doesn't clash with whatever deodorant I happen to find. Boring. Boring. Boring.
And the thing is, I LOVE scents. I love the smell of christmas and clean baby and long summer days (yes...they have a smell). And that last one is what I'd like to bottle. Somehow, I would love to be able to bottle up the smell of warm earth and cut grass and honeysuckle - which, I've decided, is what a long summer day smells like. (Do you think it would be too much if I threw in chocolate chip cookies too?)
Apparently, making your own fragrance isn't impossible...at this site there are even a few recipes to get you started! So go ahead and grab your essential oils and vodka...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

hey I gave you that tahitian vanilla! i thought you liked it :(
I hope you are coming tomorrow to the shower...I would love it if you could take photos.

October 17, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home