Home Design, Children, Photography, Swimming, Novels, Family, Crafts, Garage Sales, Movies, Outdoor Activities

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HGTV Me!

There is this little television show that the women in my family invariably flip to whenever we get to be 'Masters of the Remote Control' - The Home & Garden Television channel. It is to us what ESPN is to the average male...and yes, we get decidedly giddy over Candice Olson's aptitude for designing just like a guy gets excited over Tom Brady...and all his uber-hott girlfriends. It's an entire network dedicated to making things beautiful...and functional...and sellable - who wouldn't love it?!?!

The other day I managed to commandeer the remote control and was in the throes of a kitchen remodel, bemoaning the fact that I couldn't make custom furniture, when I decided all I wanted this Christmas was my very own carpenter. Preferably one that looked as good as the guy on the show.

And that's when it hit me.

The guy on the show wasn't just passably handsome...he was downright doggone gorgeous! Dark hair...blue eyes...charming smile...WHY!?! Why would they do that to me?! Why would HGTV lure me in with their arts and craftiness and then dangle some dimple-flashing wavy-haired handy man in front of me like that? Has no one else noticed this? And so...I did what any lover of HGTV would do...

I compiled a list of my top favorite men on the crew at HGTV.

What!?! Somebody had to do it...

So, I've decided that I will be posting a HGTV Crewman of the Week each week until I run out of men...or weeks...starting with:

Aaron Foster, designer and host on FreeStyle. Apparently he's kind of a Jack of All Trades - majored in history in college, avid cyclist, artist, renovater, writer, producer, director, actor, guitar player...
The list probably goes on. After a copious lack of offers to become a professional cyclist, Aaron got into designing while working with artists and home furnishing designers in the company he co-founded in Atlanta called Relish.
As for style, he says it best himself: "I don't think there is such a thing as rules when it comes to designing a home, or the things in it. If something works, then it is right, no matter what convention might say."
Aaron Foster, you are my HGTV Crewman of the Week!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home