Home Design, Children, Photography, Swimming, Novels, Family, Crafts, Garage Sales, Movies, Outdoor Activities

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HGTV COW

Ali Azhar, contractor and design coordinator on Design on a Dime. You know, there is something about a guy that works on a 'dime' that really impresses the cheapness in me...and I consider it worthy of extra hotness points as well! This guy doesn't just talk the talk either...he is currently restoring his own home in Chicago's Lincoln Park area with an approach that will serve him well...to make a $1 worth out of every 15 cents.
Be still my heart!
What is his design style? Well, he says:

"I like things that are funky, very cool, very modern, very wow factor. Fashion-wise, I’m edgy. I’m an ethnic mix so that makes my look edgy from the start. I take a little of this and that and mix it together...Character is huge. I like to think that I’m the furthest thing from traditional. Right now I’m wearing Taverniti jeans, a pair of boots from God knows where, a heavy necklace from Morocco, a shirt I picked up at Marshall’s and my big hair. I’m a big hair guy. It doesn’t have to be expensive to look hot. I’m a different kind of guy with a different kind of style. It’s a little out of the norm, but it’s what I’m most proud of. It works for me. It’s my thing."

And all I read was "I shop at Marshall's. I'm hot and don't spend a lot of money to look it. And 'I'm a big hair guy'" - Helloo! I shop at Marshall's...I don't spend a lot of money to look hot...and I'm a big hair girl!!! What!?! Can a guy get any more perfect?!?! I submit that he canNOT!

If you'd like to read more of his interview on design style, check it out here. Ali Azhar, you're definitely my HGTV Crewman of The Week!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home